Emergency Medical Technicians or EMTs provide basic emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possess the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Emergency Medical Technicians function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. Emergency Medical Technicians perform interventions with the basic equipment typically found on an ambulance. The Emergency Medical Technician is a link from the scene to the emergency health care system. The process of becoming an EMT in Virginia requires the following:
- Be proficient in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age at the beginning date of the EMT course. If you are less than 18 years of age, you must provide your instructor with a completed parental permission form with the signature of a parent or guardian verifying approval for enrollment in the course.
- Have no physical or mental impairment that would render you unable to perform all practical skills required at the EMT level.
- Hold current certification in an Office of Emergency Medical Services approved cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) course at the beginning date of the EMT course. This certification must also be current at the time of state testing.
- Not have been convicted of or found guilty of any crime, offense or regulatory violation, or participated in any other prohibited conduct identified in state EMS regulation 12VAC5-31-910.
- Be clean and neat in appearance.
- May not be under the influence of any drugs or intoxicating substances that impairs your ability to provide patient care or operate a motor vehicle while in class or performing clinicals, while on duty or when responding or assisting in the care of a patient.
hours minutes seconds
15 Seats Left!!
All classes will be held at the Fredericksburg Rescue Squad.
510 William Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401.
Total – $1,800.00 This includes all testing fees, polo shirt, Book, online access to the book, practice tests, study tools.
$400.00 deposit required to reserve your seat (pays for your book).
$1,400 required on the first day of class.
This is required to reserve your seat. Your seat can not be reserved until you place this deposit.
First Day of Class Payment
This payment is due on the first day of class
Full Class Payment
This will reserve your seat as well as pay for the full class. **Please note that only 1,400 of this is refundable until the fist day of class**